Why the Pacific, hands down. I live in California, and while I did not mean to stay, I have been here for 20 years. I have a theory, and I’m tossing a challenge out to any statisticians out there to prove me right or wrong. The Pacific Time zone is the best place to invest from. Why do I say this? Well, the alarm goes off in my house at 6:15am. Not too early… and 15 min before the markets on the east cost open. So if I’ve done my home work, I can check a few things and watch the markets open for 30 min or so… get ready for work, check again right before I leave at 7:30am or so… and then later, during my lunch, I can check the last hour as well. As I said before, I do have a day job… so I can’t spend all day checking the market. I just make some picks, set some limits and stops, and then go on with my day. I do set up some email alerts… but otherwise I don’t stress and check the market every minute.
It would be interesting to see if there was any real effect or trend from Pacific coast traders (with day jobs) in that first hour and then the last hour of the trading day. It could make a cool Masters Thesis for someone.
All right, here are some topics (not in any particular order) I’ll cover over the next few weeks. Let me know if there are any others you would like me to talk about as well.
1) Thoughts from Investing Books I’m reading
2) What kind of Investor I think I am
3) How do I find my picks and watch lists
4) How do I keep track of my trades?
5) What I do each morning and evening to get ready for a trading day
Later… Happy Trading.
Friday, January 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment