Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Squeaky Hinge's Investing Adventures

This year I plan to work on improving my investing skills. I have found that my current strategies are not very technical. Some times very "gut" feel. Mostly I have been following the folks over at "The Motley Fool" and building up a big list of stocks I watch on my Yahoo Finance page. My strategy has been a mix of short term trades, not really day trading, but typically most trades are bought and sold in less than a week. The goal had been to try to make an average of $100 a day. Every day, day in day out... for the most part I have been able to do this. Some days much better. I have also been picking up some long positions with dividends.

What I lack is an understanding of how to read charts, and other technical strategies. So this year, and through this blog I'm going to work on, and document my " Investing Adventures". I plan to take some classes, read some books, read a lot of web sites, and if all goes as planed, make a little money. One thing I have also found is that while there are lots of web sites and tools on line, I have not been able to find many good "free" tools out there. I'm not opposed to paying for tools and advice, and I am going to look into that this year as well, but I'm also planning to see if I can find more accessible tools. I plan on working on creating some tools that will help me and others... stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment